So I’ve been accepted by an awesome design team at Papercraft Business Challenge. It’s a great monthly challenge for paper crafters and definitely a way for me to think outside my usual box. I’m beyond excited! One way to help keep track of dates for this as well as other challenges grab a Challenge Planner! They’re handy and stylish.
My entry for this month is a Halloween inspired card using a tag.
It’s a pretty simple card but I thought it was really cute. I started off with Simon Says Stamp’s ‘Jack O Lanterns’ stencil, Spectrum Noir Midus Pigment ink in Silver and Pickett Fence’s Life Changing Blender Brushes and stencilled faces on the black cardstock tag.
I repeated that several times using different faces from the stencil until the tag was filled. Then I used Clearly Besotted’s ‘Spooky Spirits’ stamp and die set to stamp and cut out several ghosts.
I cut a sheet of zig zag patterned paper measuring approximately 4.25×5.5 inches from Tim Holtz’s Ideology Halloween Kraft Stock Paper Pad. I adhered the tag using a 3M neon orange washi tape and stamped a sentiment across the bottom using Gina K Amalgam Ink.
I added the ghosts using some foam squares around the tag.
Then to add a smidge of dimension I used Nuvo Drops in ebony black on the eyes of each of the ghosts.
I then added the panel to a card base measuring approximately 4.25×5.5 inches and my Challenge card is complete!
– Clearly Besotted ‘Spooky Spirits’ stamp set
– Simon Says Stamp’s ‘Jack O’ Lanterns ‘ Stencil
– Gina K Designs Amalgam Ink – Black
– Spectrum Noir Silver Midas Metallic Pigment Ink
– Neenah Solar White cardstock
– Simon Says Stamp’s Cardstock – Fog
– Tim Holtz Ideology Halloween Kraft Stock Paper Pad
– Tonic Nuvo Drops – Ebony Black
– Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen – Glitter
– Scotch 3M Xpressions Washi Tape
– Tonic Deluxe Adhesive Nuvo Glue
– Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares
– My Sweet Petunia’s MISTI Stamping Tool
– Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer
– Simon Says Stamp’s Acrylic Blocks
– Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
– Pickett Fence’s Life Changing Blender Brushes