Are you ready to participate in the November 2020 – Challenge #33? The theme for Novembers challenge is “Christmas”.
The prize for this month is Magnolia Designs – Santa’s Sleigh Doohickey. See image here:
Check out my DT entry for this month’s challenge:
I started off with the Altenew Poinsettia 3D Die Set and used some Simon Says Stamp Cardstock in Schoolhouse Red to cut out the petals. I used a scrap piece of Banana cardstock (also from Simon Says Stamp) for the center of the flower. I used a tiny bit of liquid glue to adhere all the layers together for a lush Flower and then set it aside to dry.
Then I grabbed the Honeybee Stamps Garden Lattice Cover Die Set and some really cool gold iridescent cardstock from DCWV and cut that out from my background. I LOVE this iridescent cardstock as it has a really great shimmer in the light when you tip it side to side.
I used a piece of Simon Says Stamp Vellum and then stamped “Happy Holidays” from the Altenew Warm Blessings Stamp Set using Tsukineko’s Versamark Ink. . This is a really nice stamp set with some fantastic fonts for the holidays!
Then I used some of Brutus Monroe’s Icicle Embossing Powder and heat embossed the sentiment, then I set it aside to cool while i assembled my card.
I started by cutting down a piece of Simon Says Stamp Cardstock in Sea to just shy of 4.25 x 5.5 inches. Then I added some glue behind my lattice panel and adhered these together.
Then I grabbed my vellum sentiment strip and used a bit of tape runner on the back side of my panel so that i could fold over the edges of my vellum strip and adhere it to the back easily. I did not add any glue to the front of my vellum panel as I didn’t want glue to show through under the delicate sentiment.
Finally – time to apply my Poinsettia! I played with the angle of the Poinsettia a bit to ensure I kept all the edges on the front of the card panel while not covering my sentiment. Once I found the perfect position I applied some 3M foam tape to the back of the flower as I wanted a bit of dimension on the card. Then I adhered everything onto an A2 sized card base.
And for a touch of extra sparkle, I coloured over the Poinsettia using my Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen in Midas touch.
Stamps and Dies:
- –Altenew Poinsettia 3D Die Set
- –Altenew Small Moments Stamp Set
- Altenew Warm Blessings Stamp Set
- Honeybee Stamps Garden Lattice Cover Die Set
- Neenah Solar White cardstock (SSS)
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Schoolhouse Red
- –Simon Says Stamp Vellum
- –Brutus Monroe’s Icicle Embossing Powder
- – Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue (SSS)
- – Ranger’s Multi Media Matte
- – 3M Foam Tape (SSS)
- – Studio Katia’s Embellishment Wand
- – My Sweet Petunia’s MISTI Stamping Tool (SSS)
- – Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer (SSS)
- – Simon Says Stamp’s Grid Transparency (SSS)
- – WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool (SSS)
- –Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
- – Anti-Static Powder Bag
- –Tom Holtz Tonic Glass Media Mat
- – Therm-O-Web Purple Tape
**Please be aware that this site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.