This week the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge theme is “For A Child”.
The Design Team for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge are using Honey Bee Stamp products this week, and in my attempt to #useorlosemystash I decided to rummage through my Honey Bee products to see what I could use.
I actually found a TON of really great Honey Bee Stamp products that I have absolutely fallen in love with. One of my new favs is their ‘Birthday Candles’ Stencil set – it’s an AMAZING layering stencil that is super easy to use and super versatile. I’ll definitely be keeping this on right at the front of my stash!
So, here we go:
I started off with Honey Bee Stamp Birthday Candle Stencil Set and an A2 sized panel of Neenah Solar White Cardstock. The stencil set has an edge to it to easily help you align your A2 sized card panel. This allows you to line it up perfectly every time. I lined it up and then used some purple tape to hold it together.
Then I used my Simon Says Stamp Blending Brushes and Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Cracked Pistachio and Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Salty Ocean to create a blended panel of the first stencil layer – the candle bases.
Then I used the second layer of the stencil (the flames) and aligned it with the A2 edge and adhered with purple tape. Then I used Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Squeezed Lemonade with my blending brush to create a bright yellow flame on the candles. Easy Right?
Then I trimmed down my candle panel to approximately 3.75×5 inches, and then backed it with a panel measuring approximately 4×5.25 inches of Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Banana Yellow for a nice bright background to help accentuate the flames. Then I adhered everything on an A2 card panel of Neenah Solar White Carsdstock.
Then I popped up the sentiments almost right in the center using some 3M foam tape. Voila! This is a really great, simple card – perfect for a child (or an adult). I’ll be making many more of these and even trying this out with some glitter gels and some other embellishments for variety.
Thanks for taking a moment to check out my blog!
Stamps and Dies:
- Honey Bee Stamp Birthday Candle Stencil Set
- Honey Bee Stamp Birthday Honey Cuts
- Taylored Expressions Simple Strips – Birthday (stamp and die set)
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Cracked Pistachio
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Salty Ocean
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Distress Oxide – Squeezed Lemonade
- Tsukineko Versamark Embossing / Watermark Ink
- Neenah Solar White cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Black
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Banana Yellow
- Concord & 9th Neutrals Paper Pack
- – Studio Katia’s Embellishment Wand
- – My Sweet Petunia’s MISTI Stamping Tool (SSS)
- – Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer (SSS)
- – Simon Says Stamp’s Acrylic Blocks (SSS)
- – Simon Says Stamp’s Grid Transparency (SSS)
- – WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool (SSS)
- –Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
- – Anti-Static Powder Bag
- –Tom Holtz Tonic Glass Media Mat
- – Therm-O-Web Purple Tape
**Please be aware that this site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.