So…another card challenge!
This week the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge theme is “Bright and Cheerful!”. What’s more cheerful than fruit?
The Design Team for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge are using Pink and Main products this week, and in my attempt to #useorlosemystash I decided to rummage through my Pink and Main products to see what I could use.
Normally I wouldn’t gravitate to a stamp set like this – with fruit – but I thought it would be very bright especially with the pop of bright yellow lemons. I found I actually really enjoyed using this stamp set and it’s definitely one that I’m planning on keeping and using again!
So, here we go:
I started off with an A2 sized panel of Neenah solar white cardstock and a Stencil from Pink and Main’s Fantastic Florals Courtyard Box and ran it through my die cutting machine to dry emboss my panel for a subtle background.
Then I took the lemon stamp and Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Dye Ink and stamped repeatedly on an A2 size panel of Neenah Cardstock. Then I used Catherine Pooler Die Inks Limoncello, Shea butter, Grass Skirt and Lime Rickey. I started with Limoncello ink for the base colour of the lemons, then used Shea Butter just around the edge of the base lemon stamp and lightly tapped it with a microfiber cloth to avoid harsh lines and to add a bit of additional colour and dimension to the lemons. I did the same technique using Lime Rickey for the base of the leaves and then Grass Skirt for the depth of colour.
I cut out each of the lemons and set aside.
Then I stamped the inside of the card base with the same lemon and colours and a sentiment that said “Squeeze the day” from the same stamp set.
I repeated the same lemon and colour on a coordinating envelope.
And that’s the end of my card. I really love this Fruit Basket stamp set. I actually ended up making several cards using this set 🙂
Thanks for taking a moment to check out my blog!
Stamps and Dies:
- Pink and Main ‘Fruit Basket’ stamp set
- Pink and Main ‘Encouraging Words’ stamp set
- Pinkfresh Studios Fancy Label Frame Dies
- Fantastic Florals Courtyard Box Stencil
- Catherine Pooler Dye Ink
- Altenew Obsidian Pigment Ink
- Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Dye Ink
- Neenah Solar White cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Cardstock – Black
- – Studio Katia’s Embellishment Wand
- – My Sweet Petunia’s MISTI Stamping Tool (SSS)
- – Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer (SSS)
- – Simon Says Stamp’s Acrylic Blocks (SSS)
- – Simon Says Stamp’s Grid Transparency (SSS)
- – WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool (SSS)
- –Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
- – Anti-Static Powder Bag
- –Tom Holtz Tonic Glass Media Mat
- – Therm-O-Web Purple Tape
**Please be aware that this site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.