A Very Simple birthday card for a friend. I wanted something masculine, and not overly complex. I’ve been eyeing this Reverse Confetti cover die in my stash for a while and figured if not now, then when? So I grabbed it… Not knowing what I was doing with it yet… And away I went.
I started with a panel approximately 4.25×5.5 inches of Neenah Solar White cardstock and ran it though my die cutting machine with
Reverse Confetti’s hex cover panel.
I popped out all of the hex cut outs. I want the main panel with the cutouts, but the hex pieces will be saved for a future project.
I took one of the ‘Happy Birthday’ Sentiments from Altenew’s Birthday Builder Stamp Set and stamped it using Tsukineko’s Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I chose a small sentiment so it would fit in between the open spaces in the panel.
Then I gathered scraps. This is a great technique to use up some of your scrap paper. I had left overs from Altenew’s Verdant and black. And white paper pads, as well as some left over Simon Says Stamp’s Cardstock, DCWV Glitter Cardstock and some Stampin Up specialty paper.
I cut them down to squares that would cover the hex shapes in the cover die and used a bit of purple tape to hold them in place. Then I ran it through my die cutting machine.
Voila! Perfectly fitting hexes of colour. I adhered my cut out panel. To a A2 sized card base, then put a bit of liquid glue in the hex spaces.
I then popped the coordinating pieces into the slots.
I used Altenew’s Simple Shapes stamp set along with
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks in Heart Beat, Maple Yellow, Parrot, Tide Blue, Autumn Blaze & Lagoon to make a coordinating envelope.
Done! A very simple but cute birthday card for a friend 🙂
– Altenew simple shapes stamp Set
– Reverse confetti hex cover panel
– Altenew Birthday Builder Stamp Set
– Altenew Crisp Dye Inks: Heart Beat, Maple Yellow, Parrot, Tide Blue, Autumn Blaze, Lagoon
– Tsukineko’s Versafine Onyx Black Ink
– Neenah Solar White cardstock
– Altenew Black and White Paper pad
– Altenew Verdant Paper Pad
– DCWV Glitter Cardstock
– Simon Says Stamp’s Cardstock
– Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer
– Simon Says Stamp’s Grid Transparency
– Simon Says Stamp’s Acrylic Blocks