Alright… So Seasonal Scene Building doesn’t mean what you think. The Seasonal Scene Building class at Altenew doesn’t only focus on things like Christmas cards. It’s really more about setting up scenes/backgrounds/focus. I however opted to use this opportunity to get my Christmas cards started… Shaker style!
I haven’t made a shaker card in quite a while but I’ve always found them cute and fun. I started with an ink blended background using Altenew’s Crisp Dye Inks in Eastern Sky, Azurite & Artic.
I stamped Altenew’s Winter Cottage stamp set onto the finished blended background.
For a bit of sparkle, I heat embossed Altenew’s Snowing stamp set several times using Hero Arts Unicorn white Pigment Ink and Brutus Monroe’s Fairy Dust Embossing powder. I used the white Pigment Ink instead of Versamark so that it would have a white base under the Sparkle embossing and look more like snow.
I then cut a sheet of Judikins embossable acetate and heat embossed ‘Merry Christmas’ from Altenew’s Mini Christmas stamp Set using Brutus Monroe’s Sterling Embossing powder.
Then I backed the acetate with double sided foam adhesive to allow the shaker bits to move freely once adhered on.
I used a rectangle die and cut out a border of Simon Says Stamp’s Glitter Cardstock so the frame measured approximately 4×5.25 inches.
I then adhered the main panel to the glitter cardstock. I added some shaker bits using a combination of Studio Katia’s Majestic 3mm Sequins, Little Things From Lucy’s Cards – Caribbean Sequin Mix and Trinity Stamp’s Blizzard Shaker Mix. I added the acetate panel on top, then adhered everything to a card base measuring 4.25×5.5 inches.
I wanted to add a bit of Christmas to the envelope. So I used the Altenew seal from The Stamping Village – Holiday Seals stamp set. VOILA! A vey cute holiday shaker card.
– Mini Christmas
– Winter Cottage
Altenew Crisp Dye Inks:
– Eastern Sky
– Permanent Black Pigment Ink
– The Stamping Village – Holiday Seals
– Neenah Solar White cardstock
– Waffle Flower’s A2 Layers Die Set
– Simon Says Stamp’s Glitter Cardstock
– Brutus Monroe’s Fairy Dust Embossing powder
-Brutus Monroe’s Sterling Embossing powder
– Studio Katia’s Majestic 3mm Sequins
– Little Things From Lucy’s Cards – Caribbean Sequin Mix
– Trinity Stamp’s Blizzard Shaker Mix
– Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink
– Judi Kins Embossable Window Plastic
– Be Creative adhesive tape
– Ranger’s Glossy Accents
– Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
– 3M Foam Tape
– My Sweet Petunia’s MISTI Stamping Tool
– Tim Holtz Mini Comfort Trimmer
– Simon Says Stamp’s Acrylic Blocks
– Ranger Blending Tools